Girls Go Racing Syndicates own two race horses trained by Janelle Millar at New Plymouth Raceway. The syndicates enjoy not only the social aspect of race days and hospitality but also the fun and excitement of watching their horses race.
Syndicate I owns a winter racer, Time Bomb (aka Billy) who is an 8yo Bay Gelding.
Syndicate II owns a 3 year old Bay Filly, Showmethebubbles (aka Suzy) who has just started her racing career, and races in the Girls Go Racing silks.
- All girls syndicate
- Well bred filly
- Female trainer
- Race day hospitality
- Syndicate events
- Race day road trips
- Social, fun, information
Ownership & Hospitality
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a member of a racing syndicate with like-minded ladies who want to enjoy the thrill and excitement owning a thoroughbred racehorse.
We have a well bred filly, trained by local leading female Trainer Janelle Millar, on lease from Windsor Park Stud. One of the benefits of leasing is we don’t have to pay to get her and there are no upfront costs so this is a great way to enter the world of racing at a low cost.
We hope to have lots of success. All the racehorse’s winnings belong to the syndicate and net stakes monies are paid out on a % of ownership model, eg; 1% share = 1% of net stakes monies. Please only commit to what you can afford, this is not an investment; it is a great form of entertainment that is worth every cent.
The Syndicate Liaison, and Trainer, will pass on regular updates of your filly’s progress. You will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with your racehorse with organised visits to Janelle Millar’s racing stables at New Plymouth Raceway. You will also receive a monthly Trainer’s report along with the bill to show where your money is going including photos and videos of important milestones. The syndicate has it’s own Facebook which is updated regularly with information about the horse, photos, video’s, and other relevant syndicate information. It is a fascinating journey being a part of a thoroughbred’s full racing career. You will be amazed at the work and preparation it takes to get a horse primed for race day.
Other benefits of the syndicate include:
- Exclusive race day privileges for owners when your horse races at New Plymouth Raceway, including free entry to the members lounge, invitation to the Chairman’s Room post race to watch the replay and enjoy complimentary food and refreshments, and winners presentation
- Owners privileges at all other race courses the horse races at, usually including members privileges and complimentary food and beverages
- Race name sponsorship at New Plymouth Raceway, usually annually on a date chosen by the syndicate and in liaison with Taranaki Racing Inc.
- Hospitality ticket to the sponsors event at New Plymouth Raceway. Package includes exclusive syndicate privileges, food and generous beverage package.
- Please note, if you are unable to attend the annual sponsors event you may use your hospitality ticket to attend another race day at New Plymouth Raceway (subject to availability and standard booking conditions).
- Opportunity to attend other race day hospitality events when your filly is racing out of town, including transport, hospitality package, and lots of fun! (Costs for these events are added to your Girls Go Racing account)